I love finding a new blog like this. Great insight and info.
Ranking 50 Top Blogs in the Search Space
The search & search marketing fields have, over the last 4 years, become overrun with bloggers. It would seem that many of us have been drinking our own Kool-Aid and hopping on the blog bandwagon. Lately, more and more folks have been asking for my take on this trend – what do I read? How often do I visit? Who do I respect?
In a controversial move, rather than simply creating a blogroll, I’m trying out a structured approach to ranking the search field’s blogs, assigning labels and ratings based solely on my own feelings. Obviously, these are personal judgements, so make no assumptions other than “that’s what Rand thinks…”
- I’ve tried my best to rank both the categories and the blogs inside by relative level of importance
- Only English language search blogs were considered
- Additional, non-search industry blogs are listed at the bottom
- I’ve almost surely forgotten some important ones
- The rankings are from the perspective of a search marketer (and one who’s heavily into the organic side), rather than an ad guru, someone at a search engine or simply a search technology enthusiast
- It’s hard, even for me, to read all of these each day, but I really do try
- I’ve left SEOmoz off the list – you can decide for yourself if/where you’d rank it